Ramachandra Medical College
Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute is a part of the Sri Ramachandra University which was established in 1985 as a part of the Sri Ramachandra Educational & Health Trust.
Ramachandra Medical College offers both MBBS as well as postgraduate courses under the purview of the Top Medical Colleges in India and is conducted with the approval of the Council. SRMC Medical College was one of the first top medical colleges in Indiatop colleges in India to obtain permission to admit 250 students from the academic year 2011. Thousands of students from India & abroad have graduated & received the MBBS degree. Several hundred students have also received postgraduate diplomas & degrees in various disciplines of medicine.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College is included in the World Health Directory & is recognized by the General Medical Council, UK, Ireland, Thailand & Sri Lankan Medical Councils respectively.
The undergraduate MBBS program of the Sri Ramachandra medical college and research institute not only meets the criteria specified by the Medical Council of India but also includes the nuances of education practiced by Harvard Medical School. The annual report of HMI has also mentioned Sri Ramachandra medical college as a center of excellence in India for education programs & serves as a model of a learning institution in both medical & hospitals.
Sri Ramachandra medical college and research institute has excellent medical campus facilities that include a world class library with Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC), canteens, football field, cricket pitch, tennis, volleyball, basketball courts, banking facilities, auditorium, active learning centers, laboratories, grocery store, parking , gymnasium among other amenities.
SRMC medical college also has an active Students’ Council that endeavors to promote all activities relating to academic awareness, cultural affluence & physical fitness & looks into the general welfare of the students of Sri Ramachandra University.
Ramachandra medical college courses offered are as below:
- Ph. D in Medical & non medical programs
- MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of surgery)
- Higher specialty courses in Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Medical Gastroenterology, Cardio Vascular & thoracic surgery, Urology, Neuro surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology, Plastic & reconstructive surgery, pediatric surgery, Critical Care medicine, Neonatology, Neuro Radiology, Vascular surgery, Reproductive Medicine & surgery.
- Post graduate degree courses in basic medical sciences including M.D programs in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Community Medicine, Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion & Forensic Medicine
- Post Graduate Degree Clinical M.S courses in General Medicine, Pediatrics, Anesthesiology, Radio Diagnosis, Dermatology, Venerology & Leprosy, Psychiatry, Respiratory Medicine, Sports Medicine , General Surgery, Orthopedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Otorhinolaryngology, Ophthalmology & Emergency Medicine
- Masters in basic Medical Sciences
- Apart from the above, Ramachandra Medical collegeoffers Undergraduate & Post graduate programs in the following:
- Dental Sciences
- Allied Health Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
Eligibility for SRMC Medical College MBBS program: Candidates must have passed HSC ( +2) or equivalent examination and obtained a minimum of 50% marks ( 40% in case of SC/ST & OBC) in Physics, Chemistry & Biology ( or Botany & zoology) & a pass in English. Candidates Must also have scored not less than 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST) in the Entrance examination.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Entrance Exam is not conducted separately but admission to MBBS / BDS / PG-MD/MS/MDS courses is through NEET (UG & PG).
For Sri Ramachandra Medical collegeadmission, candidates need to take up the entrance exam/ interview, remit the necessary fees and attend classes from July of each academic year.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Entrance Exam
Sri Ramachandra medical college fee structure varies for different undergraduate & post graduate training programs & for the MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) for duration of 4.5 years with 1 year Internship, the fees applicable is Rs 15, 00,000 per annum.
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be University), ranked among the top health sciences universities in India, had its origin as Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research which was established by Sri Ramachandra Educational and Health Trust in the year 1985.
Considering the large number of students pursuing various courses from Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (SRMC & RI) (Deemed to be University), a Placement Cell has been constituted.
The Placement cell is headed by Deputy Director- Placement, who is assisted by Placement Coordinator and dedicated faculty representatives from all the faculties/departments across SRMC & RI.
The infrastructure at the University has been created to provide its students the best educational environment in the country. Over two million square feet of constructed space houses technologically advanced, fully air-conditioned state of the art class rooms, modern laboratories and one of the largest medical libraries in the region – the Central Library Learning Centre.
Campus and facilities :
Spread over 150 acres, the University is housed in a refreshingly green campus. Well manicured lawns, sprawling open spaces and trees dot the campus. The campus itself is a township with colleges, the medical centre, staff and student housing, conference facilities, play grounds, multi specialty restaurants, ATMs, gift shops, travel service, railway reservation counter and a post office.
- To provide equal employment opportunities for all the students.
- To manage Centralized Placement activities for all courses.
- To organize campus recruitment for the students with industries and various organizations of repute from all over India.
- To prepare students for campus recruitment by arranging training in Aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through professional trainers.
- To promote career counselling by organizing guest speakers by senior corporate personnel and most importantly by the immediately placed senior students.
- To enter into tie-up arrangements with Industries & Corporates of repute for Campus recruitment.
The infrastructure at the University has been created to provide its students the best educational environment in the country. Over two million square feet of constructed space houses technologically advanced, fully air-conditioned state of the art class rooms, modern laboratories and one of the largest medical libraries in the region – the Harvard Learning Centre.
- Area : 150 Acres
- Hostel Facility
- BOYS HOSTEL
- COMPUTER LAB
- EDUCATION FESTIVAL
- MEDICAL FACILITIES