Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal was founded on 30 June 1953. It is the first self-financing medical college in the private sector. In 1958, when the first batch of medical students graduated, KMC was recognized by the Medical Council of India and then by the General Medical Council of Great Britain and the Malaysian Medical Council in the following years. The college was started at the Manipal with the Preclinical section. Before this, students travelled to Mangalore for their clinical training. KMC became a full-fledged independent college, as the clinical program started in 1969. Kasturba Medical College is affiliated to Manipal University and is the only private medical college in Manipal.
Manipal Institute of Technology is no 1 college among the Research Publication by private Universities in India by SCImago Research Group, Spain. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal holds the 2nd rank among all the top private Medical colleges in India by The Week. Whereas India Today has ranked Manipal University and Kasturba Medical College at joint 5th spot. Manipal University is home to one of the largest health sciences libraries in Asia. It provides 100% scholarship to Ewes students. At present KMC has about 27,000 students from around the world. In addition to that it has over 1000 specimens in its anatomy museum.
As the leading organization in healthcare sector, Kasturba Hospital is constantly involved in adjusting to the modern technologies and development. The hospital houses 4 centers: Burns Centre, Infertility Centre, Neonatal ICU and the Centre for Nuclear Medicine. The hospital consists of two 1.5 tesla MRI’s, 16 Slice Big Bore CT and 64 Slice CT, 15 X-ray machines and 14 Ultrasounds, LINAC, Brachytherapy, Treatment Planner, 24 dialysis machines, 24 operation theatres and 2 Path labs. MBBS in Manipal University is pursued at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal and Kasturba Medical College Mangalore. The duration of MMBS is four and a half years and one year of compulsory internship course in rotational shifts. Not only the Medial Council of India, but the General Medical Council of Great Britain and the Malaysian Medical Council also approve MBBS from the Manipal University.
Programs offered in KMC, MANIPAL is based on well experienced faculties and build to build best career with skills & knowledge.
Under Graduate Programs
- Medical (UG) Electives
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
Post Graduate Programs
- MSc Yoga Therapy
- MSc Clinical Embryology
- MSc Postgraduate Degree
- MD – Post-graduation in Medicine
- PG Medical Diploma
- MSc in Forensic Science
- MS – Master of Surgery
Super Speciality Programs
- Phil – Super Specialty Program
- PhD Doctoral Degree
- Advanced Training Program in Clinical Genetics
- Advanced Training Program in Diabetes Care
- DM – Super Specialty Program
- MCh – Super Specialty Program
Certificate Diploma Programs
- Certificate Course in Panchakarma Technician & Massage Therapist
- PG Certificate Program in Clinical Embryology
- PG Certificate Course in Panchakarma
Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal was founded on the 30th of June in 1953. It is the first self-funding medical college in the private sector. In 1958, when the first batch of medical students graduated, KMC was approved by the Medical Council Of India followed by the approval of General Medical Council of Great Britain and the Malaysian Medical Council in the following years.
Admissions in Kasturba Medical College are made as per the rules and regulations of the UGC, MCI, Manipal University, Government of Karnataka and other concerning Statutory bodies. Admissions in Kasturba Medical College are done through the Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MUOET). Out of the total number of medical seats in Kasturba Medical College i.e. 250, about 80% of the Seats (200seats) will be filled by applicants taking Manipal University – Online Entrance Test and the rest 20% (50 seats) are reserved for admissions under the NRI quota. Kasturba Medical College Admission 2016 matrix can be altered as it is subjected to the norms of Government of Karnataka & MCI Guidelines. Admission in Kasturba Medical College is only possible when the student meets the minimum eligibility criteria.
Note; General Merit Admission for MBBS in Kasturba Medical College cannot be done through the AIPMT Counselling.
Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore is an integral organization of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education. Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore was established in 1955, using the clinical facilities of the Govt. Wenlock Hospital & Govt. Goschen Hospital.
Medicine and Allied Sciences (M.B.B.S.)
Median Package :6 Lakhs
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure