Father Muller Medical College
Father Muller Medical College is a unit of Fr. Muller’s Charitable Institutions, a Registered Society sponsored by the Catholic Diocese of Mangalore; a Religious Minority Educational Institution established primarily for the benefit of the members of the Christian Community.The Postgraduate courses MD/MS/Diploma were started in the year 1991 and the Under graduate course – MBBS was started in the year 1999.Like all other Educational Institution under Catholic auspices it is open to all persons irrespective of religion, caste or community.
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited Father Muller Medical College with an ‘A’ grade, making it the first medical college under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,Bangalore, to be so accredited.Also the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees awarded at Fr Muller Medical College under RGUHS, Karnataka, is recognized and approved by MCI, New Delhi. This indeed is a milestone in the life of the college and is fitting reward for the hard and honest work of the staff under the dynamic leadership of the Dean, Administrator and for the relentless efforts of the management to build a premier institution to impart value-based medical education.
MBBS, MD, Allied & Alternative Medical Courses
M.B.B.S – 4 1/2 years+ 1 year rotating internship
Eligibility for M.B.B.S
- Two year P.U.C Examination conducted by the P.U.C Board, Karnataka State with English and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects or any other examination recognised as equivalent by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences .
- Intermediate Examination in science of an Indian University Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, which shall include a practical test in three subjects and also English as compulsory subject
- First year of the three year degree course of a recognised university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is an ‘University Examination.
- B.S.C Examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.SC. examination with not less than two of the following subjects-Physics,Chemistry, bIology (Botony, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed either the qualifying examination with the following subjects : Physics,Chemistry,Biology and English.
- Any other examination whose scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University / Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
- Candidates must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination.In the case of scheduled caste, Scheduled tribe candidates, the minimum marks required for admission shall be 40%.
- The candidates should have completed 17 years on or before 31st day of December of the year of admission.
Post Graduate Medical Degree
M.D. (General Medicine)
M.D. (Dermatology, Veneriology & Leprology)
M.D. (Radio diagnosis)
MS (General Surgery)
MS (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
PhD in Microbiology
PhD in Biochemistry
PhD in Pharmacology
The candidate should be a graduate in Medicine (M.B.B.S)from any university recognized by the Medical Council of India.
The candidate should have completed satisfactorily the Rotating compulsory internship of one year in an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India
the candidate should have obtained permanent Registration of any State Medical Council.
No candidate shall be admitted to any post graduate degree / diploma course unless the candidate has obtained and produced the eligibility certificate issued by the University. The candidate who is provisionally selected has to make an application to the University with the following documents along with the prescribed fee:
MBBS pass/degree Certificate issued by the university
Marks Cards of all the University examinations passed MBBS course
Attempt Certificate issued by the principal
Completion of Internship Certificate
Any State Medical Council Registration Certificate.
Candidates should obtain the Eligibility Certificate before the last date for admission.
Father Muller Medical College
Father Muller Road,
Mangalore – 575 002,