Christ Academy works under the purview of CMI which is better known as Carmelites of Mary Immaculate fathers. Since ages this group has been pioneering the cause of social upliftment through their selfless service. Foundation of Christ University, Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, healthcare facilities, like Rajagiri Hospital, Amala Hospital in Kerala, and various other humanitarian activities are all done by them. Christ Academy is all set to create a better and more educated India.
The Christ Academy has its roots deep into spirituality. Christ Academy Institute of Advanced Studies (CAIAS) is dedicated to JESUS Christ, the Supreme Guru, who is our guiding light to enlighten every individual, who is a part of our academic community. St. Kuriakose Elias Chavara, the founder of CMI, is our source of inspiration, and we, at CAIAS undertake this noble endeavor to provide quality education to our scholars irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
Christ Academy Institute Of Advanced Studies provides 3 years UG program which is affiliated to Bangalore University.
Commerce And Management
- B.B.A (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- B. Com. (Hons) Bachelor of Commerce with Honours
- B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce)
- M.Com. (Master of Commerce)
- B.A. E.P.S. (Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Political Science and Sociology)
- B.A. J.P.E. (B.A. in Journalism, Psychology and Optional English)
- M.A. in English (Master of Arts in English)
- B. Sc. E.M.S. (Bachelor of Science in Economics, Mathematics and Statistics)
- B.Sc. P.C.M. (Bachelor of Science in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- B. Sc. C. M. S. (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics)
- B.C.A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
Christ Academy Institute of Law
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (B.A., LL.B.)
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws (B.B.A., LL.B.)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws (B.Com., LL.B.)
Certificate & Add-on Courses
Christ Academy Institute of Law, provides add on courses which nurture the development of students.
- Add-on Programme in Communicative English
- ADD-ON Programme in Financial and Stock Markets
- Add-on Programme in International Trade
- Add-on Programme in Corporate Law
- Financial Awareness Programme
- Certificate Course in Hypnosis
- Certificate Course in Python
- Certificate Course in Tally
- Certificate Course in Short Movie Making
- Certificate Course in Intellectual Property Right
- Certificate Course in Banking Law
Christ Academy Institute for Advanced Studies is run by ‘Devamatha Educational Foundation’,formed by the members of Devamatha Province of the Carmelities of Mary Immaculate (CMI),the First indigenous religious congregation in India.
Vision ‘Light to Enlighten’: Christ Academy’s vision is to create and disseminate the light of knowledge to one and all.Through the pursuit of stewardship in education, Christ Academy strives to build moral leadership in its student community and endeavors to transform every student into a caring and empathetic citizen who upholds the values of courage with humility.
Mission: Christ Academy mission is to provide a conducive and enabling environment that fosters self-discipline, promotes self-motivation and drives the pursuit of excellence in learning. Christ Academy strives to build a community that includes all stakeholders such as parents, the teaching community, and social leaders among others. This is to ensure that Christ Academy’s prime stakeholders its students transform into independent enlightened citizens who care for the community and the country.Though Christ Academy is a minority institution, it strives to impart quality education without distinction of religion, caste or creed.
Steps for Application:
Application to the institution is through admission forms which are available at the Christ Academy admission office or can be directly downloaded from their website. The basic eligibility for all undergraduate courses is 10+2 and for postgraduate courses is 10+2+3 with a minimum of 50% of marks to be scored in the qualifying exams.
Once the application forms are filled in and submitted, shortlisted and selected students will have to attend a scheduled interview. On final selection, candidates are required to pay the prescribed fee and submit all the original certificates at the time of admission to Christ Academy college. All admissions are subject to the approval of Bangalore University.
Christ Academy lays emphasis on getting hand-on exposure to the various opportunities that would be available to its students once they complete their course. A structured internship programme is followed to provide multiple options to the students in Corporate Houses, Law Firms, NGOs, Courts (Litigation), Regulatory Bodies etc. It acts as a link between the recruiters and the students, thereby fulfilling the needs of both, and enabling the students to get placed.
CAIAS has state of the art laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Psychology and Computer courses offered by the institution with the purpose of imparting practical knowledge to our students. The experiments are conducted in the well-equipped laboratories under the guidance of well-qualified teachers through a meticulously planned series of classes.
The computer labs are equipped with updated scientific instruments and safety measures. The institution has computer labs with advanced configuration distributed across the buildings. All the labs are interconnected through LAN networks and highly configured switches are used for intelligent network management. The institution has 20 Mbps bandwidth leased line to provide seamless internet facility to all students. Internet is available in all the systems and the campus is Wi-Fi enabled. Any student with personal laptop connected to the server can access the internet and server services.
Sports and Games
At CAIAS, we acknowledge the importance and efficacy of sports and of fitness associated with it. In an effort to boost a balanced and healthy lifestyle and to encourage holistic development we have provided a state of the art gymnasium and indoor play areas. The facilities available on the campus include two basketball court, two football court, two volleyball court, one throw ball court and a tennis court.
The old adage goes, ‘a sound mind in a sound body.’ Sports remains one of the activities which bring many students of CAIAS together. Sports and games are required for maintaining the physical and mental fitness. They can keep the students active, and make them deal the challenges with vigour. Indefinite skills in these activities can turn the students into good sportsmen or players. We know about these benefits, and hence constructed the indoor and outdoor stadiums in the campus.
We provide accommodation for male students pursuing various graduation and under-graduation programs inside the campus. Accommodation for female students is also available close to the campus with mess facility managed by catholic nuns belonging to CMC religious congregations.
Christ Academy strives to offer you a welcoming environment so that your accommodations instantly feel like home.
We offer dual sharing rooms with a view to provide students the comfort of company as they settle into their college and course. It also gives them opportunity to make friends and get acquainted with the campus and its facilities.
Some of our facilities include:
- Wi-Fi: The study room and recreation hall are equipped with Wi-Fi to enable the delivery of an effective and engaging learning experience to our students.
- Gym & Indoor Games: Students spend most of their time in libraries, classrooms and study halls. It is essential to break away from sedentary activities and focus on fitness and health. Here within our campus premises students have access to a well-equipped gym. A game centre equipped with table tennis, chess and carom boards is also accessible to students when they need a break from academic pursuits.
- Study hall: A Common study hall for effective group or individual study
- Library: College library services are available to students from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Security: The security of our students is of utmost importance. Access to the hostel is via the use of a biometric system only. Security personnel are stationed at the hostel 24/7 to ensure safety.
- 24 hours power back up and hot water facility.
- Mess facility is also available in the campus.
Cafeteria caters refreshment and eatables to the students, hostellers, faculty and the operating staff respectively. The cafeteria is very spacious in order to accommodate large number of students and also have comfortable sitting arrangement. The whole ambience of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful that it tempt you to come here again and again. There is a separate hall attached with the Main Hall especially for the staff and faculty members. The college cafeteria is the pulse of the campus. It is a popular hub on the campus not only for the physical refreshment but also for student bonding and discussions. Proper cleanliness and hygiene is maintained both by the cooking & cleaning teams. Complaints and suggestions if any are always welcome from the students for the improvement in services.
Bank with ATM
There is one fully functional branch of South Indian Bank in the college which offers all types of banking services to staff and students. It functions during 6 days in the week from Monday to Saturday. Student fees and other payments are remitted through this in-campus bank branch.
Apart from regular banking services students and staff can use ATM facility for cash withdrawals. There are two ATM machines available. This facility can be availed by the students and staff of the college. On enrolment, every student can open an account with bank and can make full use of banking services, Internet Banking and ATM facilities.
Auditorium And Seminar Halls
A spacious and fully equipped auditorium with 1400 seating capacity is being set up with ‘state of the art’ facilities, which is expected to be open by this year .
All the buildings are also provided with sufficient number of seminar halls. The seminar halls are spacious, well ventilated and has well-furnished. The objective behind this is to enhance the quality of education. To make this possible, the halls offers facilities such as LCD projectors, wi-fi, screens, white-boards for delivering lectures. It also provides ample opportunity for our staff and students to exhibit their talents in cultural activities.